DevOps, which is a software development strategy, bridges the gap between the developers and operations team or teams responsible for the deployment, using which organizations can release small features very quickly and incorporate the feedback that they receive very quickly into their application. To achieve automation at various stages are Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, Chef, Docker, Selenium, and AWS, which help in achieving continuous development, continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment, and continuous monitoring, which expedites and actualizes the DevOps process apart from culturally accepting it to deliver quality software to the customer at a very fast pace.
A pivotal role in an organization is played by a DevOps engineer, and thus, he/she is expected to be good in technical and personal skills such as coding, re-engineering of business processes, and collaboration. The responsibility for the production and maintenance of a software application’s platform is of the DevOps engineers.
DevOps engineer — roles, responsibilities, and skills
- The ability for system troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains should be possessed.
- Through open, standards-based platforms, he should be able to manage the project effectively.
- He/She should be able to increase project visibility.
- He/She should be able to improve quality and reduce development costs.
- The ability to analyze, design, and evaluate automation scripts and systems.
- Using the best cloud security solutions services, he should ensure critical resolution of system issues.
- Sufficient experience in using the automation tools should be possessed by him.
- Experience in shell programming with bash, strong command-line, and experience with at least one of Perl, Python, Ruby, and so on should be possessed by him.
- Apache, Nginx, and Redis are the server-side technologies with which he should be experienced.
DevOps engineers are responsible for DevOps integration which includes product delivery, quality testing, feature development, and maintenance releases in order to improve reliability and security and faster development and deployment cycle. The factors that drive the adoption of DevOps are other development processes and methodologies, including the use of agile, application and business stakeholders’ demand for an increased rate of production releases, from internal and external providers, there is a wide availability of virtualized and cloud infrastructure, data center automation, and configuration management tools usage is increased.
Hope this was helpful.